History of Swiss Parabellum 1917/1924.
After the manufacture of the first two series of the 1906 by Deutsche Waffen-Und Munitionsfabrik in Berlin, whose numbers are for the 1st series of 5001 to 9000 and for the second from 9001 to 15215, and whereas the arms race which preceded the First World War made feel, and during the years 1914 to 1918 the needs for the German army reflect with contribution all the output of “D W M”. The orders of Switzerland could not be carried out more, as in addition Switzerland did not want to give up these weapons; it was put to manufacture them for its own needs. The production of the model 1906 began with the federal Factory from weapons in 1917, and the first weapons given to the troop took place in 1918.
The 3rd series of the 1906 manufactured by the factory of weapons of Bern carries on the breech only the inscription “Waffenfabrik Bern” and the numbers is from 15216 to 33089.
Number of the studied weapon: 27777.
Principle of operation: knuckle breech, charged by the retreat of the breech.
Numbers and dimensions of stripes: 4 concentric stripes with the step of 250mm, and 3.1mm of width, and 0.125mm of depth with angles slightly rounded.
Length of the barrel: 122mm to the base of the casing.
Raise: it forms a unit with the posterior articulation of the breech, and is regulated for a distance of 50M.
Top sight: Triangular, ahead round and it is inserted in a dovetail, machined perpendicular to the axis of the barrel.
Length of the line of sight: 215.3 mm
Weight of the weapon with empty magazine: 891g
Loading: by removable charger of a capacity of 8 cartouches maximum.
Safety: Left face postpones box of breech, lever of safety, on the handle, and pedals of safety.
External protection: bronzed blue black.
Note: on the box of breech, one sees the punch there “M” of the federal controller of weapons and on practically all the parts the Swiss cross as punch of the control of the weapons of ordinance, one also sees there on the breech the punch “P” of release of the military weapon, and which is given to the private one.
In the case of this gun, it does not have there marking of year accompanying the letter “P” it is perfectly normal, but one finds it in the military record, it was privatized in 1963.
Near the Swiss collectors, this gun is commonly called the “06/24”
Of this part, one can still write this:
Which quality of exceptional conservation for a weapon which at summer held by the same soldier during 33 years or 782 days of active service, and then on a purely private basis of 1964 to 1990 !
Back to "ORDINANCE WEAPONS"